UPS delivers the holidays, and we also deliver some of the best seasonal and permanent jobs in the country for more than 100,000 Americans.
The company is filling full- and part-time seasonal positions – primarily seasonal delivery drivers, Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) drivers and package handlers – by offering industry-leading wages and multiple shifts in hundreds of locations across the country. Permanent positions also are available in some areas for those who apply early.
👁👄👁 Here are five things you may not know about working part-time with UPS and *psst* what our competitors would rather you not know:
1. 💸 Get your money from the industry leaders. UPS part-timers make at least $21 an hour (in places where it’s harder to attract people, we sometimes pay more). For permanent employees, annual wage increases are guaranteed along with cost-of-living adjustments.
2. 📈 Movin’ on up. UPS has one of the strongest and longest-standing promotion-from-within cultures of any company in America. About half of UPS’s management team includes folks who were promoted from part-time and entry-level positions. And more than 14,000 seasonal employees were hired permanently following the 2022 peak season.
3. 💉 Coverage that will make your worries disappear. Union part-time jobs at UPS include the same health coverage as full-time employees (no deductibles and no-to-low co-pays) – which is practically unheard of in the industry, btw. That even includes pension contributions.
4. 📚 Invest in yourself. Tuition assistance has been an important part of our rewards package for both part-time and full-time employees for more than 25 years. Permanent employees are eligible for up to $25,000 in tuition reimbursement.
5. 🎨 Side hustles welcome: Whether it’s starting your own business, exploring creative ventures or kicking off a side hustle, UPS is a launchpad for your best ideas. With our industry-leading pay and benefits as well as work schedules that can fit your lifestyle, many of our people have found success on and off the clock – like brewery owner Steve Garcia, veteran and mentor Roger Campbell and many others.
🤔 Don’t want to believe a blog post on About.UPS.com? Check out some stories from our employees. You can hear from them in their own words about how UPS’s pay and benefits have changed their lives:
- Jason Grotelueschen took a part-time job at UPS, which covered hundreds of thousands of dollars in medical bills for his family. As Jason says, “What really surprised me was [UPS] pays 100% of my insurance premium.” For 15-20 hours a week, Jason doesn’t worry about his family’s medical bills in the event of an emergency.
- After being unhoused, part-time employee Jeanette Palmer said, “[UPS] gave me the resources, and I ran with it.” Now a star employee, Jeanette acknowledges, “With UPS you can work your way up to any position.”
Did you know? Nearly 80% of seasonal jobs at UPS don’t require an in-person interview. Most job seekers will have a job offer within 20 minutes.