From pickup and payment to tracking and invoicing, UPS’s enhanced WeChat account gives small- and medium-sized businesses in China palm-of-the-hand access to the full range of cross-border shipping services
UPS (NYSE: UPS) today officially announced a comprehensive upgrade to its WeChat service account "UPS 联合包裹", offering customers access to a holistic suite of logistics services from their mobile device.
Natively integrated and custom-built to provide a one-stop experience for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in China, the enhanced UPS WeChat platform significantly improves the user shipping experience with new features that allow customers to manage every stage of the shipping process – from opening an account and printing shipping labels, to completing payment and tracking packages – all from a single page.
“UPS has been helping businesses in China grow globally for over 30 years, but you don’t need to spend that much time here to recognize that future growth lies literally in the palms of our hands,” said Michelle Ho, President of UPS China.
“Driven by factors such as the rapid adoption of smart devices and the increasing number of SMEs, customer demands change quickly, and we need to be able to adapt. This upgrade to our WeChat platform is a direct response to those evolving demands and we’re looking forward to our customers being able to use it to do business the way they want.”
Using the upgraded WeChat account, UPS customers can now:
- Ship an international package anytime, anywhere. Arrange pickup and delivery of a shipment from a mobile device. Customers can also register for a new UPS ID or bind an existing account.
- Benefit from streamlined delivery procedures. The UPS WeChat shipping page combines pick-up options, label creation, order cancellation and auto-fill and frequently-used address functions all on one screen for a smooth shipping experience.
- Easily complete payment through WeChat Pay. A more convenient, streamlined service with payments deducted straight from the user’s integrated WeChat wallet.
- See a comprehensive overview of the latest status of all shipments. Customers can easily track the delivery status of their shipments and receive notifications of any potential delays or changes in their package movements on their mobile devices, allowing for better planning and improved efficiency of their supply chain network.
- Rate the shipping experience. A valuable tool for small businesses, this feature helps UPS gain a better understanding of user requirements so services can be configured in line with customer needs.
- Other value-added services. Including invoice requests, a shipping assistant to guide on fuel surcharges, taxes and discounts, and live chat with customer service to answer additional questions.
With its continuous innovation-backed service enhancements, UPS aims to help China-based enterprises stay ahead of the evolving market, providing the best possible logistics solutions to enhance efficiency and facilitate business growth.
UPS plans to further develop its official WeChat service account to build stronger relationships with customers in China and create a more open digital logistics ecosystem. Customers can follow the UPS official WeChat service account "UPS 联合包裹" to enjoy a one-stop mobile logistics service experience.
UPS (NYSE: UPS) is a global leader in logistics, offering a broad range of solutions including transporting packages and freight; facilitating international trade, and deploying advanced technology to more efficiently manage the world of business. Headquartered in Atlanta, UPS serves more than 220 countries and territories worldwide. The company can be found on the web at ups.com or pressroom.ups.com and its corporate blog can be found at longitudes.ups.com. To get UPS news direct, follow UPS 中国动态 on WeChat or @UPS官方微博 on Weibo.