UPS’s latest Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Report highlights the progress we’re making to diversify our workforce and foster an inclusive culture each and every day. Here are a few important takeaways:
- 🗣️ Through the lens of our people: Our commitment to diversity is reflected in the makeup of our workforce, starting at the top. On the UPS Board of Directors, 31% of the members are ethnically diverse and 46% are women – far above average for other Fortune 50 companies. 33% of our C-Suite are women – including CEO Carol B. Tomé – and 33% are ethnically diverse. And as of December 2022, 27% of full-time management in our global workforce are women and 37% of full-time management in our U.S workforce are ethnically diverse. Now, that’s something to celebrate!
- 👥 DEI is good for business: In 2022, we launched a new training program designed to help attract and retain women in operations roles, giving women in part-time management the job skills and mentor-guided support needed to grow into great UPS careers. And, we’re proud of our nearly 200 business resource group chapters that have put in the work to drive inclusion, both inside and outside the company. Together, they reached 47,000+ UPSers through different events in 2022 alone, all while generating nearly 104,000 volunteer hours. Hats off to you! That's it. That’s all. *Mic drop* 🎤
- 📚 Forging new futures for entrepreneurs: We’re changing the world one small business at a time. Since 2018, we’ve connected over 107,000 women and small business owners to the global economy by providing education on topics like international trade, access to financing and training through the UPS Women Exporters Program. We’re serious about breaking down barriers and building up communities!
- 💼 Better, Bolder & Diverse: In 2022, we launched UPS Ignite and a partnership with the Russell Innovation Center for Entrepreneurs to elevate underrepresented founders and the businesses they lead nationwide. Through a $1.25 million investment from UPS and The UPS Foundation, these efforts will reach more than 250 small- and medium-sized businesses over the next three years. And, we’re just getting started!
- 🤝Our customers are diverse and so are our suppliers: In 2022, our spend with diverse-owned businesses was $1.2B, exceeding the 2023 goal one year early. Wow! We couldn’t do it alone. We work with nearly 1,400 diverse suppliers every day, adding 55 new partners in the past year.
“‘You belong at UPS’ is our rallying cry, from our frontline drivers to our customers and suppliers around the world,” said Sue Schmidlkofer, Global Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at UPS. “We know there’s still work to be done, but we’re proud of our efforts to build a more inclusive workplace and show up in the communities where we live and work.”
Read the full UPS Diversity, Equity & Inclusion 2022 Impact Report here.