What’s the story: Through the UPS Ignite Program, UPS has partnered with Accion to deliver $100,000 in grants to under-funded businesses and entrepreneurs.
The Accion Opportunity Fund creates an inclusive, healthy financial system by offering grants and small business loans. They also provide educational resources, coaching and support networks in English and Spanish.
What’s the latest: UPS is happy to announce the ten recipients of this year’s grant program – each business was selected based on their vision, passion and resilience.
Each recipient will receive $10,000 to help fuel their future growth:
- XL Feet specializes in large-size and wide-width footwear for men.
- The Tea Spot promotes healthy living through tea.
- Sailrite equips and empowers others to DIY for their boats and homes.
- Phillip Ashley Rix is one of the world's preeminent chefs and designers of luxury chocolate.
- Soupergirl is a mission-driven, plant-based, all-natural soup company.
- Purely Gourmet Meat Co. is a wholesale meat processor and distributor servicing restaurants and food service facilities nationwide.
- Pink Lotus Technologies uses technology and data to transform safety for families.
- Ms. P’s GFree produces delicious, nutritious and healthy gluten-free snack foods.
- Firesign Inc. Promotional Products & Print is a full-service product and print firm that designs branded merchandise and promotional materials.
- SolanoExp promotes and sells sophisticated, stylish and traditional handcrafted products imagined and produced by Mexican artisans and designers.
Building a better world: The grants are part of a $1.25 million investment from UPS and The UPS Foundation for UPS Ignite to fund access to education, resources, networks and capital.
Learn more about the UPS Ignite program and partners here.