When customers ship fragile products, UPS wants to make sure those items are protected … and protected in a sustainable way.
- International Paper (IP), one of the largest packaging, pulp and paper companies in the world, has been one of UPS’s primary suppliers of corrugated packaging since 2018.
- Corrugated packaging is 100% recyclable and is the most recovered packaging material available to cushion fragile items.
- IP recognizes that sustainable forest management is important for climate action. Because IP’s boxes are made from renewable resources, they enable UPS to reduce its carbon footprint and promote a low-carbon, circular economy.
- UPS relies on suppliers that support sustainable forest management to help preserve forests for generations to come. This practice also helps protect endangered wildlife.
- In addition to corrugated packaging, UPS offers a range of solutions to ensure a lower-carbon journey, including carbon neutral shipping, carbon impact analyses and supply chain optimization.
As a customer-first company driven by a strong purpose, UPS is proud to partner with environmentally sustainable suppliers like IP. Learn more about our shipping solutions here.