May is recognized in the U.S. as Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) Heritage Month, with different parts of the world celebrating Asian heritage throughout the year.
Why it matters: “You belong at UPS” is our rallying cry, but it extends beyond our company – from our frontline drivers to our customers and suppliers around the world. And it represents how we engage with our communities as we build a more inclusive workplace and world.
Showing up for AAPI: UPS and The UPS Foundation have an ongoing commitment to support and uplift the AAPI community through local, national, and global organizations and programs.
- The UPS Foundation committed more than $2.2 million in grants and sponsorships to advance programs supporting AAPI issues in 2021.
- Our latest Proudly Unstoppable campaign will include a $150,000 grant to empower AAPI-owned small businesses.
- Our Women Exporters Program has equipped women-owned-and -led small businesses across the Asia-Pacific region with the skills to grow and develop their companies’ export capabilities.
- For over two decades, The UPS Foundation has funded higher education scholarships for first-generation Asian American and Pacific Islander high school students.
- Our Asian Business Resource Group has helped build a community, educate allies and drive equality across our organization.
What you can do: Get involved in one of The UPS Foundation’s many partner organizations that advance opportunities for people of Asian and Pacific Islander heritage.
- Ascend – Offers professional development opportunities for Pan-Asian professionals throughout the U.S. and Canada.
- Asia Pacific American Institute for Congressional Studies – Promotes participation and representation of Asia Pacific Americans at all levels of the political process, from community service to elected office.
- Japanese American Citizens League – Safeguards the civil and human rights of Asian and Pacific Islander Americans affected by injustice and bigotry.
- Leadership Education for Asian Pacifics (California) – Works to achieve full participation and equality for Asian and Pacific Islanders through leadership, empowerment and policy.
- National Association of Asian American Professionals – Provides Asian and Pacific Islander leaders professional development and community service opportunities.
- OCA - Asian Pacific American Advocates – Advances the social, political and economic well-being of Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders in the U.S.
- U.S. Pan Asian American Chamber of Commerce – Serves as the largest, most established nonprofit organization representing Pan-Asian Americans.
How to celebrate the month:
- Check out these recent stories about UPSers:
- Learn more about Asian American Pacific Islander history.
- Support AAPI-owned local businesses.
- Read books by Asian and Pacific Islander authors.